20 min must try HIT workout
Don’t have the time to visit the gym? We have the ultimate 20 min workout that will have you sweating. You may not feel 20 minutes is enough but short HIIT has been proven more effective than steady-state aerobic exercise (like jogging). HIIT may also be more effective than weight training alone, at the very least from a time standpoint.
This is largely because HIIT challenges both your cardiorespiratory fitness and your musculoskeletal fitness, bringing about improvements to your heart, lungs, muscles and nervous system.
For a heart raiser try this workout 40 seconds on 20 seconds rest:
1. Jump squat with pulse walk
- Begin standing tall with your feet shoulder width apart.
- Jump forward and land in a squat position.
- Holding the squat, walk backward to the start position, creating a little pulse as you do so then repeat
2. Prisoner Walk
- Feet shoulder width apart with your hands behind your head.
- Drop into a squat position.
- One leg at a time, drop your knees to the floor.
- Return to the standing squat and hold the squat while repeating the move
4. Side Lunges
- Start by standing tall with your feet parallel and shoulder-width apart.
- Take a big step to the side and keep your torso as upright as possible, lower until the knee of your leading leg is bent at around 90°, keeping your trailing leg straight.
- Push back up and return to the starting position before repeating the opposite side.
5. High Knees
- Stand with your feet hip-width apart.
- Lift up your left knee to your chest.
- Switch to lift your right knee to your chest.
- Continue the movement, alternating legs and moving at a sprinting or running pace.
6. Jump Squats
- Stand with feet shoulder width and knees slightly bent.
- Bend your knees and sit into a full squat position.
- Engage using the quads, glutes, and hamstrings, extend through the legs.
- Jump upwards off the floor.
- Land softly into a squat and repeat the next jump.
7. Shadow Boxing
- Begin holding a stance with one foot forward
- Begin punching upwards towards the sky
- Remain on your toes throughout
8. Jumping Jacks
- Stand upright with your legs together, arms at your sides.
- Bend your knees slightly, and jump into the air.
- As you jump, spread your legs to be just wider than shoulder-width apart.
- Stretch your arms out and over your head.
- Jump back to the starting position and repeat
9. Chest to floor burpees
Begin standing tall with your feet shoulder width apart.
Hinge down at the hip and place your hands on the floor.
Kick your feet out to create a high press up position.
Drop the chest to the floor and return up to full press up hold and jump up.