Peanut Butter Protein Cookies
Looking for a new way to take your protein powder? Or simply love cookies? You’ve come to the right place. We’ve got a quick simple recipe that is low carb, high fibre, high protein and delicious, sounds too good to be true? Try them for yourself.
Just 112 calories each and contain 7 grams of protein. So don’t hold back.
How to store your cookies?
- Store cookies in an airtight container at room temperature for up to 3 days.
- freeze them for up to 3 months, don’t forget to let them defrost before eating
- 1/2 cup peanut butter
- 1/4 cup light brown sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 large egg
- 1 large egg white
- 1/2 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 cup (36g) Protein
- 2 tablespoons coconut flour
- 3 tablespoons mini chocolate chips
- Place a rack in the centre of your oven, preheat at 350 degrees F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a bowl, combine the peanut butter, coconut sugar, salt, egg, egg white, and vanilla extract. Mix hard until ingredients are well blended. Sprinkle the baking soda over the top. With a spatula, add in the protein powder and coconut flour until well combined. The will seem a bit dry at first but will continue to come together as you stir and push. Fold in chocolate chips.
It should be slightly sticky but not mushy. If you need a firmer dough, add a bit more protein powder. For a looser dough, sprinkle the batter with a bit of milk ( or alternative )
With a small cookie scoop or spoon, portion the cookie dough by tablespoonfuls and drop onto your prepared baking sheet, you should get between 12-14. Gently flatten the tops of the cookies with your fingers
- Bake for 5 to 6 minutes, until the edges are barely golden brown and dry to the touch but the middles seem fairly doughy. Do not overbake! Then allow to cool.