Supergreen Overnight Oats
What are supergreens?
Greens powders are dietary supplements that you can mix into water and other liquids. They typically have a green hue and can taste a bit grassy. … Leafy greens: Spinach, kale, collards, parsley. Seaweed: Spirulina, chlorella, dulse, kelp. They are generally low in calories but high in certain minerals and vitamins, including selenium, iodine, chromium and vitamins A, C and K, as well as plant compounds with antioxidant and anti-inflammatory functions. They contain the fats that you need to eat to lose and maintain healthy weight.
What are the benefits?
- Alkalizes the Body. Your body’s pH is like the Goldilocks principle.
- All-Day Energy.
- May Delay Aging.
- Improves Gut Health.
- Enhances Detoxification.
- Supports a Healthy Immune System.
- Bioavailable Nutrients.
Adding this to your smoothie is a simple way to get in your daily greens but why not mix up your morning breakfast and try this supergreen overnight oats.
- 1 ripe banana
- 1 ½ teaspoon greens powder
- ¾ cup quick oats
- 1 tablespoon chia seeds
- 1 cup non dairy milk
- In a bowl, mash up your ripe banana.
- Add in the greens powder and stir well until you get a green mixture.
- Add in the quick oats and chia seeds and stir
- Lastly add in the non-dairy milk and stir everything together well.
- Pour the green oats into a jar and cover. Place the jar in the fridge and allow the oats to soak overnight in order to thicken.
- In the morning, enjoy the oats as is, straight out of the jar, or pour them into a bowl and add whatever toppings you desire!
Recipe by: Faith VanderMolen