The best protein hot chocolate recipe
With the weather taking a turn for the worst, it’s the perfect time to get your protein intake a classic way… Super thick and creamy say hello to our Protein Hot Chocolate. The perfect winter warmer.
The trick for a perfect protein hot chocolate is its consistency it has to be lump free and smooth. The trick is first shake up the protein and milk. When shaken and smooth, then gently and gradually heat up, make sure you whisk at the same time. If you love your hot chocolate thick add a little bit of cornflour.
This is ideal for a quick winter warm up or a protein fix after a run in the cold.
- 1 scoop protein powder
- 270 ml milk
- 2 tbsp. cocoa powder
- ½ tsp. cornflour
- ½ orange zested
- 1 pinch salt
- To serve: light whipped cream
- Firstly, add the protein and milk to a shaker and shake until smooth and lump-free.
- Add the mixture to a saucepan, then add cocoa powder and cornflour and whisk to bring together. Then add the orange zest and a pinch of salt, and whisk again.
- heat the pan very gently on a low-medium head and continually whisk the hot chocolate whilst cooking. Be careful not to overheat, as the mixture can burn and get lumpy. Heat for around 3-4 minutes, until desired thickness
- Serve immediately and top with light whipped cream.
Tag us in your recipe pictures @boxedoffltd