Matcha protein shake
Packed with protein, this matcha protein shake is made with matcha, spinach, and protein powder for a nourishing, filling way to start your day.
Includes simple swaps to easily make this nut-free, paleo and vegan friendly!
about this matcha protein shake recipe
If you feel like you’re a little late to the matcha party, not to worry, this simple breakfast shake will help you fall in love with the earthy green tea in no time!
If you haven’t tried matcha before, it’s a Japanese green tea powder made from finely powdered dried tea leaves.
So just like green tea, matcha is high in antioxidants and naturally caffeinated (but definitely less than your morning cup of coffee or black tea does).
This means it can give you stable energy without the crash, making it a great, quick breakfast shake to fuel your day.
- 1 frozen banana, broken into chunks
- 2 teaspoons matcha powder
- 1 cup packed baby spinach
- 1 tablespoon ground flax seed
- 1 cup unsweetened milk of choice
- 2 scoops protein powder , plant-based protein powder for vegan
- optional: ice
- Add all the ingredients to a high speed blender. Blend on high until smooth.
Add 2 teaspoons pure maple syrup or 1-2 pitted Medjool dates if you prefer a sweeter protein shake.